CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pumpkinnapper is Here!



The time has come! The Wild Rose Press has released my Regency Halloween comedy novella, Pumpkinnapper.


Buy link here. Note, depending on your location, the link may not yet be active.


Join the fun as Henry the man and Henry the goose spar over heroine Emily's affections while they try to capture the foul pumpkin thieves.


The day's events:


September 30:

3-5 PM Eastern time: I'll be at the Classic Romance Revival loop
9-10 PM Eastern time: I'll be at The Wild Rose Press loop. I'll drop in all day, but I'll be there for sure at this time.


You must join the loops in order to post.


And enter my CONTEST--Find Me a Hero! Prize is a PDF copy of Pumpkinnapper. Contest runs through October 31. Details on my Contest page.


BLURB:


Pumpkin thieves, a youthful love rekindled and a jealous goose. Oh my.


Last night someone tried to steal the widowed Mrs. Emily Metcalfe's pumpkins. She's certain the culprit is her old childhood nemesis and the secret love of her youth, Henry, nicknamed Hank, whom she hasn't seen in ten years.


Henry, Baron Grey, who's never forgotten the girl he loved but couldn’t pursue so long ago, decides to catch Emily's would-be thief. Even after she reveals his childhood nickname--the one he would rather forget. And even after her jealous pet goose bites him in an embarrassing place


Oh, the things a man does for love.


EXCERPT:


"Emily, even with Henry, formidable as he is--" Hank glared at the goose. The goose glared back "--you need protection. I will send over some footmen to guard the place."


"No. Turnip Cottage belongs to Charlotte's husband. What will the townspeople think, with Lord Grey's servants about my house?"


Her refusal increased his fury. The sight of her hand on that damned goose's head didn't improve his mood, either. He balled his fists as his patience thinned and something else thickened. "I'll find you a guard dog. You must have some protection out here all alone."


"But I have Henry." She patted the goose's head and the bird snuggled into her hand. Again.


Heat flooded Hank, part desire for Emily's touch, and part desire to murder that damned goose, who was where he wanted to be. His insides groaned. "Very well, then, you leave me no choice. I will help you catch the culprits."


"But--"


He changed his voice to the voice that either melted a woman or earned him a slap in the face. "Who knows, mayhap we would enjoy ourselves as I lie in wait with you." I would love to lie with you.


Her eyes widened. Had she understood the innuendo?


"I cannot stay alone with you, and you know it," she said, her voice severe.


"You are a widow in your own home and no one will see. I will make sure of it."


"No." She marched back into her cottage and slammed the door. Henry smirked and waddled away.


Hank grinned. He would be back, whether she liked it or not.


Thank you all,

Linda

Linda Banche

Regency romance--most with humor, some with fantasy, and occasionally a paranormal

Lady of the Stars--4 stars from Romantic Times, Regency time travel available from The Wild Rose Press

Pumpkinnapper--Regency Halloween comedy, available from The Wild Rose Press

Website Blog Myspace Facebook Twitter


6 comments:

Lindsay Townsend said...

Congratulations, Linda, on the release of PUMPKINNAPPER!

I love the whole idea of this novella, plus the twist and humour I know you'll give to the fairy-tale elements. I'm logging into TWRP right now to see if I can get it!

I'VE GOT IT!!

Yipeee!!

Linda Banche said...

Thanks, Lindsay. Nice to see someone get excited about my book.

Savanna Kougar said...

Linda, congrats!
Please see my comment on THE PINK BLOG for your delightful PUMPKINNAPPER.
Perhaps, the Hero and Mr. Goose can come to a good understanding.

Linda Banche said...

Thanks, Savanna. Heading over to Lindsay's Romantics now.

Bekki Lynn said...

Congratulations, Linda! I do want this story. The very idea of his jealousy of the goose is something I can relate to. It sounds like a fun and fabulous story.

I've always loved the title and the cover, too.

Linda Banche said...

Thanks, Bekki.

Pumpkinnapper is a funny story, and I plan on entering it in your RWA chapter's Madcap contest when the contest comes up again.