CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Timeless Classics - The Old and the New

I remember sitting around the living room every year as we watched Charlie Brown along with The Little Drummer Boy, Frosty the Snowman, and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. As the years went by and I had children of my own, I was able to share the shows with them. They are a timeless piece of history that never grows old.



My all time favorite Holiday classis is It's A Wonderful Life, but I also love A Christmas Carol and the 1973 version of A Miracle on 34th Street.

Today the list of Christmas Classics has grown so much that it's difficult to get them all in. The Night They Saved Christmas, White Christmas, A Smokey Mountain Christmas, Prancer, The Santa Clause, The Grinch, Elf, and The Polar Express are some others I love to watch.

What past classic is your favorite? What new classic have your added to your list of favorites?

Bekki
http://bekkilynn.net

7 comments:

Savanna Kougar said...

Oh, Bekki, such wonderful Christmas memories... it's been awhile since I've watched any of these heart-warming movies, and christmasy shows... no TV. But, I remember.

Unknown said...

Thank you for Charlie Brown!! Love it, love it. I don't think they show A Charlie Brown Christmas on TV anymore. Such a shame.
Celia

Bekki Lynn said...

Savanna, pictures in the mind are every bit as fun as seeing them on television. I think that's why I'm a little Chrismtas nuts year round.

Savanna Kougar said...

Oh, if only the whole world was a little Christmas nuts all year round.

Bekki Lynn said...

You're welcome, Celia.

It was on this last year, but you're right, they don't air is as often as they used to.

I have all of them on VHS - I taped them when the boys were small so we can watch them whenever the mood strikes. We used to have six hour marathons. Now, they ask for movies I keep nearby. It's great family time.

And there is nothing like the laughter of your kids truly enjoying something.

Shadow said...

Great choices. I love White Christmas and A Christmas Story! There my favorites! Thanks!

Teresa K. said...

Bekki,

My favorite Christmas show was the Little Drummer Boy & Charlie Brown Christmas. Out of movies I have to say it's a wonderful life and Jingle all the way with Arnold & Sinbad. Oh and who can forget Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. Also there's a Native American movie called Miracle in the Woods. Being Native American I loved that movie.

Thanks for reminiscing of the past.

Teresa K.
tcwgrlup41(at)yahoo.com